1. An expanded living room with new floor-to-ceiling mahogany windows captures panoramic water views and creates a large living room at the new center of activity of the house.
2. The living room extension fills in a previous porch, affords a promontory close to the bluff and the water, and contributes to the transformation the existing unremarkable 1980s house.
3. The new family seating area includes a large skylight to draw south light into the heart of the house. A new window engages the pool area and a low wall connects to the new foyer.
4. Three distinct seating areas inhabit the main living space. The ceiling was raised to expand the volume, create a better proportion for the room, and contribute to the open loft-like feel.
5. The kitchen was relocated to capture expansive water views, open to plenty of south light, and provide access to an outdoor dining patio, bar and grill.
8. The new second floor master bathroom with a Joe D'Urso custom copper tub, mahogany vanity, and windows with water views, has doors that open to an outdoor shower and deck.
9. New large mahogany windows throughout the ground floor, second floor office and bathroom transform and modernize the undistinguished 1980s shingle style house.
11. The bluestone bench anchors the corner at a new entry courtyard along the path from the garage and parking to the new foyer, defined by new mahogany and stucco garden walls.
12. A pool in a garden inhabits most of the private side of the house, avoiding a decorative "front" lawn.
13. The main floor plan was reconfigured to redefine the entry, relocate the kitchen, open a large loft-like living room with multiple seating areas, and create a family/game room.
14. The upper floor plan was reconfigured with generous bedroom suites, and a large master bedroom suite with adjacent office, new closets, and relocated bathroom with water views.