1. Salvaged antique wood paneling and floor-to-ceiling curtains frame the original bow window of the limestone mansion, with oblique views to the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
5. The laser-cut three-dimensional wallpaper pattern is an abstraction of the Cole and Sons paper, fabricated in panels like a wallpaper repeat, made off site, and clipped to the wall.
6. Precise computer-milled lacquered paneling inspired by old libraries covers one wall of the living room, and Cole and Sons Wallpaper overlaid with computer-milled lattice covers another.
7. The antique wallpaper is fully revealed on the fireplace wall with a salvaged oak mantle. A high baseboard unites the three paneled, latticed and wallpapered walls in the living room.
11. Art sits casually on a side table, rather than hang on the paneling. Modern sculptural standing lamps and chandeliers inhabit the large living room volume.
13. The laser-cut three-dimensional wallpaper lacquered in a rich gold brightens the corridor and compliments the white computer-milled paneling that conceals closets and storage.
14. The paneling and wallpaper from the living room flow into the bedroom and extrude to become built-in storage.
15. The large twenty-five foot wide living room is loft-like with separate furniture arrangements that moderate the scale of the room.
16. The continuity of the gridded paneling pattern from the living room to the bedroom complements the laser-cut three-dimensional wallpaper on the opposite wall.
17. The details of the laser-cut wallpaper and computer milled paneling were developed in files sent directly to the mill shop for fast and efficient "pre-fabrication" and installation.