1. A black steel arbor with cedar beams frames the best water views, and weaves the pool house/yoga studio with the new kitchen and mud room additions.
2. New large expanses of steel and glass show layers of space inside. The new arbor stretches across the house, linking the main house, additions, patio and pool house.
4. The modern interventions and symmetrical stucco piers define the outdoor patio, on axis with the pool. The pool house/yoga studio and new second floor bathrooms have green roofs.
6. The new kitchen addition with large steel and glass windows maximizes views and creates a new center of activity for the house at the best location of the site and adjacent to patio.
7. Custom polished stainless pulls and door frames in two configurations over light grey lacquered cabinets break up the scale of the kitchen and are modern but rich with detail.
11. A new steel and glass extension enlarges the family room and opens to water views. Custom brass and glass ceiling lights weave through the space to connect front to back.
12. His master bath has slabs of dark marble with warm brown accents, black glass vanity with nickel surrounds, and an open shower to maximize views.
15. The master plan includes an indoor lap pool and batting cage building integral with garden walls around the tennis court, terraced gardens, and an artist's residence on a separate lot.
16. The steel arbor creates two covered outdoor dining areas and is a sunshade for the new large steel windows. The third floor game room and gym have access to the new roof deck.
17. The new mudroom and stair, that connects the first floor to the large third floor and basement, mirrors the architectural vocabulary of the kitchen and master bathroom additions.